Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sketches Stemming From Somnolence pt. II
























The word "wretch" came from my bro and I just liked how it sounded, plus it's dual meaning. The wretch retched. An odd juxtaposition, bust of a great great (great?) grandfather, Jesus, evaporating head, and Karl Marx's disembodied, bald (artistic license) head and what we can only assume is a member of the working class reverently touching Marx's beard, awestruck, no doubt, by the ghastly enormity of the chimera before him.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Aside from the fact that your artistic talent is truly amazing, can I just say, "You need more sleep." Also, where did that awesome line about tears being like ants come from?

Wareing Cannon said...

From the considerably cavernous depths of my genius. But really, I came up with it.